radio code help

cplouis

radio code help

Post by cplouis »

Please can someone help with a code for a Ford 6000CD the serial number is V341134 I am not sure why the one I have does not work as 1 owner car and I have all the books etc and a code of 7917 but it does not work! I would appriciate help Colin
josetxo

Re: radio code help

Post by josetxo »

cplouis wrote:Please can someone help with a code for a Ford 6000CD the serial number is V341134 I am not sure why the one I have does not work as 1 owner car and I have all the books etc and a code of 7917 but it does not work! I would appriciate help Colin
ORD V SERIAL NUMBER CODES

If your radio has the Ford V Serial Number then it will not normally be available for free as access is required to the Ford factory database (unless you can blag it for free from Ford)

A recommended reliable place is here

www.ukbookshelf.co.uk/fordv

Mention this Forum

Otherwise try your Ford Dealer or a Radio Decoding Service
cplouis

Post by cplouis »

Thank you for the info I will give it a try
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

cplouis wrote:Thank you for the info I will give it a try
Make sure you are quoting the correct Serial Number as any numbers found in car documents , audio guides etc. are often incorrect.

Sometimes pressing buttons 6 & 1 together or 6 & 2 will display this number

Otherwise remove the radio from the dashboard and post the SERIAL NUMBER found on a label on the casing

Radio removal instructions can be found here

www.fitaudio.com/index.php?CategoryID=13
cplouis

Post by cplouis »

Thanks for the info. I have now removed the unit and can confirm the serial number is V341134 I have phoned the local ford dealer who want me to book the car in and says it is £25.00 to sort the code. A little harsh when it takes 30 seconds to generate a code. I think I will use the service mentioned above as it is quite reasonable.