Radio code for Focus SE 2007

veda

Radio code for Focus SE 2007

Post by veda »

Hello,

Is there a way to retrieve a radio code before removing/disconnecting the radio using some programming keys?

If not, would the software provided here work with a Focus SE 2007 in the USA?

Thanks for any input!
redrooster

Re: Radio code for Focus SE 2007

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote:Hello,

Is there a way to retrieve a radio code before removing/disconnecting the radio using some programming keys?

If not, would the software provided here work with a Focus SE 2007 in the USA?

Thanks for any input!
The correct radio SERIAL NUMBER is required for a code

It usually begins with M or V followed by SIX digits ...such as M654321 or V654321

Sometimes pressing buttons 6 & 1 together or 6 & 2 will display this number

Otherwise remove the radio from the dashboard and post the SERIAL NUMBER found on a label on the casing

Radio removal instructions can be found here

www.fitaudio.com/index.php?CategoryID=13
veda

Post by veda »

Thank you for the information and suggestion. The Focus is from the USA. I can't find the radio in the installation instruction page you provided. They are all for the European market.

I played with the controls and tried to figured out the configuration. Pressing presets 3 and 6 at the same time starts a speaker test. Then pressing presets 1 to 6 selects various settings:
1. Self Test
2. Disk found
3. Signal
4. Soft Level —> config 1 —> Main 01_03_0 —> CDSP 01_10_0 —> CD 00_04_0
5. Display Test
6. Radio Config —> config 1 —> 6S4T18C869BD

6S4T18C869BD is the model number of the radio. No luck so far with finding the serial number this way. I include a picture of the radio.

Before I remove the radio, could you please tell me if I can get the code for a North American Focus? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote: Before I remove the radio, could you please tell me if I can get the code for a North American Focus? Thanks!
If it has a Serial Number beginning with Mxxxxxx then we can supply it on this Forum for free ....but you won`t know until the radio has been removed
veda

Post by veda »

I removed the radio. I am not sure which number I should send you. Here is the info label. Is it my lucky day?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote:I removed the radio. I am not sure which number I should send you. Here is the info label. Is it my lucky day?
Are you sure there are no other labels on this radio as I am having problems identifying the make.

If no other labels then try Code 9144 ONCE only ...and post back here with an answer

If this does not work then it will have to be taken into a Radio Decoding Service for the code
veda

Post by veda »

Thanks. The radio was not disconnected and is still in service. I put back to its place. Didn't notice another label. Would have to remove it again and have a 2nd look. The number at the bottom starts with the radio model number and finishes with M160092107. Would that be the number?

The plan is to replace it with an aftermarket. Needed the code to pass the radio to someone else or re-installing later. I don't want to disable the radio at this point without being sure I have the correct code. Can the code be verified without disabling the radio? Could you please provide instruction on how to enter the code?

Does a Radio Decoding Service means a Ford dealer only? Thanks!
veda

Post by veda »

I removed the radio once more and couldn't find another label or serial number
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote:Thanks. The radio was not disconnected and is still in service. I put back to its place. Didn't notice another label. Would have to remove it again and have a 2nd look. The number at the bottom starts with the radio model number and finishes with M160092107. Would that be the number?

The plan is to replace it with an aftermarket. Needed the code to pass the radio to someone else or re-installing later. I don't want to disable the radio at this point without being sure I have the correct code. Can the code be verified without disabling the radio? Could you please provide instruction on how to enter the code?

Does a Radio Decoding Service means a Ford dealer only? Thanks!
M160092 = 9144 (as posted last time ...so try once only )

A Radio Decoding Service is NOT the Ford Dealer......Try Google or your local Yellow Pages

Expect to pay around £20 / £25

Ford Code Entry Instructions for most Ford radios

Once the unit has been turned on the display will show ' CODE - - - -'

Press preset [ 1 ] repeatedly for the first digit
Press preset [ 2 ] repeatedly for the second digit
Press preset [ 3 ] repeatedly for the third digit
Press preset [ 4 ] repeatedly for the fourth digit

To save/store the code press the [ 5 ] key

The set should now operate.
veda

Post by veda »

I disconnected the radio for 15 hrs. When I reconnected the radio, the presets and time were lost but the radio still worked. Does the code memory take more time to reset? Or is it possible that the radio doesn't require a code?