Radio code for Focus SE 2007

veda

Re: Radio code for Focus SE 2007

Post by veda »

There is still no code required after the radio was disconnected for 24 hrs. I wonder if the radio requires a security code or the code take more time to reset.
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote:I disconnected the radio for 15 hrs. When I reconnected the radio, the presets and time were lost but the radio still worked. Does the code memory take more time to reset? Or is it possible that the radio doesn't require a code?
If your radio works then why are you asking for a code?
veda

Post by veda »

redrooster wrote: If your radio works then why are you asking for a code?
Good question :-)

As mentioned in an earlier post, I plan to replace the radio with an aftermarket and pass it to someone else or re-install it later. I just wanted to be prepared ahead of time but it's getting a little more complicated than I had imagined. I thought that a code would be lost shortly after the radio was disconnected. It turns out resetting the code may take a lot longer or the radio doesn't require a code. Could anyone tell me how much time a code usually takes to reset once the radio is disconnected? Thanks!
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote:
redrooster wrote: If your radio works then why are you asking for a code?
Good question :-)

As mentioned in an earlier post, I plan to replace the radio with an aftermarket and pass it to someone else or re-install it later. I just wanted to be prepared ahead of time but it's getting a little more complicated than I had imagined. I thought that a code would be lost shortly after the radio was disconnected. It turns out resetting the code may take a lot longer or the radio doesn't require a code. Could anyone tell me how much time a code usually takes to reset once the radio is disconnected? Thanks!
I would say that it does not require a code otherwise disconnecting it from the battery would also disconnect the code memory...just like the station tuning/Preset memory and Time that was lost when disconnected.

If there was a code memory then it would be lost virtually straightaway after disconnection.

If this radio had any form of inbuilt backup battery then it would also have saved the Preset and Time memory....but it didn`t.

Right from the start this radio has not been fully identified so presumably it is not one of the regular Ford coded units made by Visteon, Sony , Blaupunkt or FMS(Sanyo) found in UK and Europe..so it is possibly a Non-Coded type

In which country are you living?
veda

Post by veda »

redrooster wrote:In which country are you living?
I live in Canada but the car was bought in the USA.
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

veda wrote:
redrooster wrote:In which country are you living?
I live in Canada but the car was bought in the USA.
That might explain it as many American car radios do not have security codes.
veda

Post by veda »

redrooster wrote:That might explain it as many American car radios do not have security codes.
It very well looks like it's the case with this radio. That's an interesting difference between countries. Well, it looks like my issue is now solved. Thank you very much redrooster for your input and sorry for the trouble.