Focus Sony 6 CD

Dave W

Focus Sony 6 CD

Post by Dave W »

High guys & thanks for having me.

Just purchased a Sony 6 CD player for my 08 Focus Zetec.

I`ve noticed the handbook that came with it is for the older square type stereo & the key code card has a different serial number on it than the serial number on the head unit.

There is a 4 digit number written on the head unit in marker pen so i was wondering if anyone can confirm if this is the code i need?

Serial number is V003335 & the code written on it is 3495. The key code card number is 4810 but as said that has a different serial number so i assume that`s probably for the sellers cars original stereo.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? The guy i bought it off is searching for the correct code card but i doubt he will find it.
CD 1.jpg

Cheers Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dave W on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave W

Re: Focus Sony 6 CD

Post by Dave W »

Could this be the code per chance?
CD 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TXETXU

Post by TXETXU »

Dave W wrote:High guys & thanks for having me.

Just purchased a Sony 6 CD player for my 08 Focus Zetec.

I`ve noticed the handbook that came with it is for the older square type stereo & the key code card has a different serial number on it than the serial number on the head unit.

There is a 4 digit number written on the head unit in marker pen so i was wondering if anyone can confirm if this is the code i need?

Serial number is V003335 & the code written on it is 3495. The key code card number is 4810 but as said that has a different serial number so i assume that`s probably for the sellers cars original stereo.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? The guy i bought it off is searching for the correct code card but i doubt he will find it.
CD 1.jpg
CD 2.jpg
The incorrect card that came with it
CD 3.jpg
Cheers Dave
buenas tardes Dave W:

FORD V SERIAL NUMBER CODES

If your radio has the Ford V Serial Number then it will not normally be available for free as access is required to the Ford factory database (unless you can blag it for free from Ford)

A recommended reliable place is here

www.ukbookshelf.co.uk/fordv

Mention this Forum

Otherwise try your Ford Dealer or a Radio Decoding Service
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

Thanks for the advice. Trust me to pick a V number :lol:

I`ll try the number written on the stereo first & if no luck i`ll try your link.

Much appreciated
Dave W

Post by Dave W »

Thanks for the help guys. All up & running with the code someone had written on the unit. :)