Ford Sony radio with serial number GLJ513292

Paramed

Ford Sony radio with serial number GLJ513292

Post by Paramed »

image.jpg
Having problems trying to generate a code for a Sony radio on a Ford Focus Titanium 09 plate. Opened dash up and removed radio which has a sticker showing serial number being GLJ513292

All other posts seem to suggest it should be an M or a V letter but this sticker very definitely shows GLJ as can be seen on the photo I took of it.

Any ideas anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paramed

Re: Ford Sony radio with serial number GLJ513292

Post by Paramed »

Just done a bit more investigation and found out by holding down the 1 and 6 key it would generate the serial number. The one I now have bears no relation whatsoever to the sticker on the unit.

It shows as: V014246

Any ideas?
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

Paramed wrote:Just done a bit more investigation and found out by holding down the 1 and 6 key it would generate the serial number. The one I now have bears no relation whatsoever to the sticker on the unit.

It shows as: V014246

Any ideas?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FORD V SERIAL NUMBER CODES

If your radio has the Ford V Serial Number ( and you have checked the small database at the top /1st message of this Forum ) then it will not normally be available for free as access is required to the Ford factory database (unless you can blag it for free from Ford)

A recommended honest and reliable place is here

www.ukbookshelf.co.uk/fordv

Otherwise try your Ford Dealer or a Radio Decoding Service
Paramed

Post by Paramed »

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I've not been able to check the database you refer to as it's no longer attached - or at least I can't find the hyperlink in the original 'sticky' message
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

Paramed wrote:Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I've not been able to check the database you refer to as it's no longer attached - or at least I can't find the hyperlink in the original 'sticky' message

Sorry....V014246 is not in my copy of the database

I have contacted the Site Admin about the missing database so no doubt it will be listed again soon

UPDATE 20.45.......Admin have now listed the latest database ...See the top message in this Forum
Paramed

Post by Paramed »

Cheers. Thanks very much. Will check it now.