Ford Sony single cd code

Markymark180

Ford Sony single cd code

Post by Markymark180 »

Evening folks

Have had to have a new battery on my 07 mondeo TCDI titanium but don't have the code for the standard single cd Sony stereo. Can anyone help?

I've pressed 1 and 6 and let the various messages to display - the only one which looks like it may be a serial num is ACU CFG 830238 - although having read other posts I suspect this isn't the serial number required.

If it isn't the serial, is it a case of removing the unit and reading it from the spec plate?

Thanks

8-)
redrooster

Re: Ford Sony single cd code

Post by redrooster »

Markymark180 wrote:Evening folks

Have had to have a new battery on my 07 mondeo TCDI titanium but don't have the code for the standard single cd Sony stereo. Can anyone help?

I've pressed 1 and 6 and let the various messages to display - the only one which looks like it may be a serial num is ACU CFG 830238 - although having read other posts I suspect this isn't the serial number required.

If it isn't the serial, is it a case of removing the unit and reading it from the spec plate?

Thanks

8-)
The correct radio SERIAL NUMBER is required for a Ford code

It usually begins with M or V followed by SIX digits ...such as M654321 or V654321

Sometimes pressing buttons 6 & 1 together or 6 & 2 will display this number

Otherwise remove the radio from the dashboard and post the SERIAL NUMBER found on a label on the casing

Radio removal instructions can be found here

www.fitaudio.com/index.php?CategoryID=13
Markymark180

Post by Markymark180 »

Managed to get unit out now...my v number is

V008511

Thanks in anticipation
redrooster

Post by redrooster »

Markymark180 wrote:Managed to get unit out now...my v number is

V008511

Thanks in anticipation
FORD V SERIAL NUMBER CODES

If your radio has the Ford V Serial Number then it will not normally be available for free as access is required to the Ford factory database (unless you can blag it for free from Ford)

A recommended honest and reliable supplier who supplies codes with a guarantee is here

http://ukbookshelf.co.uk/fordv

Otherwise try your Ford Dealer or a Radio Decoding Service