Wrong radio code

Zsl

Wrong radio code

Post by Zsl »

The radio code I have written down in my manual doesn't seem to be working. I've paid for the code to be looked up on the ford database and they have the same code, but yet when I enter the code and press 5 it locks me out for 30mins. I'm now up to my 8th attempt. Is it possible the code could have been changed manually by the previous owner? If so how do I get round this problem. Any help/ advise would be very much appreciated.
redrooster

Re: Wrong radio code

Post by redrooster »

Zsl wrote:The radio code I have written down in my manual doesn't seem to be working. I've paid for the code to be looked up on the ford database and they have the same code, but yet when I enter the code and press 5 it locks me out for 30mins. I'm now up to my 8th attempt. Is it possible the code could have been changed manually by the previous owner? If so how do I get round this problem. Any help/ advise would be very much appreciated.

Make sure you are quoting the correct Serial Number as any numbers found in car documents , audio guides etc. are often incorrect.

Sometimes pressing buttons 6 & 1 together or 6 & 2 will display this number

Otherwise remove the radio from the dashboard and post the SERIAL NUMBER found on a label on the casing

Radio removal instructions can be found here

www.fitaudio.com/index.php?CategoryID=13

Note: The extractors are available on Ebay ...cheap !