I have used the following information to program central locking remote fobs on Micras, Almeras and Primeras. It works !
It is supposed to work on all of these models : ALMERA, ALMERA TINO, PRIMERA, MAXIMA, MICRA, SERENA, VANETTE CARGO, TERRANO II
A maximum of 4 remote fobs can be programmed per vehicle.
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control fob key. It is a good idea to have one or more windows open just in case there is a problem !
You will need to program ALL of the fobs you want to work at the same time - a previously working fob will not work if not programmed with other previously non-working fobs.
1. Using a key with a good transponder chip, turn the ignition switch from Position OFF [through ACC] to ON (NOT starting the engine) 6 times within 10 seconds. Timing is important !
2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash both indicators twice.
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on a fob.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. Both indicators will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat steps 4. to 7. for up to 4 fobs.
9. When completed, turn ignition switch to ON, programming mode will stop and both indicators will flash twice.
10. Remove key, and check all fobs for correct operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switched ON, 4 fobs have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or fobs has been received for ~2 minutes.
N.B. Some models with electronic [fly-by-wire] throttles may require the accelerator pedal to be held down through the procedure.
Looking for that secret sequence to programme a new key? Find it here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1