Transmission Malfunction

Need help performing that essential repair?
Lisar72

Transmission Malfunction

Post by Lisar72 »

Hi, Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else is or has the same problem i keep having with my 55 plate focus. On occasions the cars clocks go off and the dash reads Transmission Malfunction and reduced acceleration, even though the car does not have reduced speed at all (Automatic btw). Rac have been out to my car on a few occasions and they undid the Glove box and seemed to think i had a wire round the back of the radio that may be touching metal They also disconnected my battery hence why my radio did not work as i did not have the code (retrieved this thank you on this same forum), Also my remote was not working before the battery disconnection and got quoted £80 from fords for a new one, i never bothered, but since the battery was reconnected this has started to work again on its on accord!! Result... Anyway back to RAC they did say to take the car into Fords as it did have 3 intermitant faults showing but in the meantime maybe give the Dash a whack if it happens again.

I took the car to Fords and they automatically quoted £618 for a Cluster box without even looking into the problem, they also wanting me to book my car in at a cost of £65 to see what the faults were, obviously i am not willing to pay out £618!! and thought I would leave it a few days and the car has been starting and running fine until today. Whilst driving the transmission fault came up and my speedo went off.... I gave the dash a whack and it all came back on... i had to do this about 4 times until it finally stopped and has not happened since again!.. I'm no mechanic but to me if the car is running perfectly fine then this surely is just an electrical fault, i just wish someone could have a look without charging me the earth so this can be rectified once and for all.